British Open Golf, July 2021
We will arrange an appointment, view the property and discuss the requirements to enable you to rent out the property.
Once you are happy and we are satisfied that the requirements are met, we will advertise the property on various outlets, eg Zoopla, On the Market, social media channels and through our offices.
Appointments will then be made for prospective tenants to view, although some tenancies are arranged unseen.
Once a suitable tenant is found, we will ask them to provide a 25% deposit and a security deposit on the property (this may vary per property but minimum is £500). The deposit will be held in our TDS account and certification will be provided.
All paperwork will be drawn up and signed prior to the renting period. The standard letting period will be for ten days in July. The exact rental period will be agreed with each tenant.
Upon the tenant vacating the property, the property will be inspected by ourselves and, so long as the condition is as stated on the inventory, we will then return the security deposit to the tenant.
Our fees will be at the rate of 12% of the agreed rent plus Vat. We will provide all paperwork and assist with safety requirements; we can organise any safety requirement to be carried out at the cost of the certificate.
An inventory is included in the price.
Check in and out is carried out by the property owner, we can provide this service if the owner is not present, at a fee to be agreed.
These are a legal requirement when renting out your property. We can arrange these for you.
- The Gas Safety Regulations
- The Electrical Equipment Regulations
- The Furniture & Furnishings Regulation
- Smoke Alarms
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms
You will need to inform your Insurance Company of your intention to let your property. We suggest you do this as soon as the letting is confirmed and, in any event, prior to the letting. You should also inform your mortgage company/provider.
- All beds to be made up.
- Mattress covers on all beds to be occupied.
- A spare set of linen for each bed, where possible.
- One set of towels per person.
- Provision for hanging clothes and minimum of 3 drawer space.
- All perishable items in the kitchen must not be left.
- Fridge and freezer must be empty.
- One working TV must be at the property.
- Heating must be provided.
- All areas not included in the let must be locked (studies, lofts, garages etc).
- Any items of value, sentimental or monetary, to be put away with any irreplaceable tableware or glassware.
- Generally clean and tidy.